Restorative Dentistry in Issaquah, Washington
Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah Provides Restorative Dentistry
If you’re looking for restorative dentistry near Issaquah, Washington, you’re in luck. At Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah, we provide a wide variety of cosmetic and restorative dentistry procedures designed to restore your smile and improve your oral health. Contact us for a consultation with our dentist to learn more.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
The term restorative dentistry encompasses a variety of dental services designed to improve or replace missing or damaged teeth. Common restorative dentistry procedures include dental implants, crowns, bridges, and fillings. Some services, like dental veneers, are considered both cosmetic and restorative dentistry.
Why Is Restorative Dentistry Important?
Far from being simply cosmetic, restorative dentistry can have many health benefits. When teeth are missing, the remaining teeth can be affected. They can shift, loosen, and drift out of place, which can lead to a misaligned bite. It can also raise your risk of gum disease and tooth decay. When you lose a tooth, the muscles in your face may droop, and your jawbone can deteriorate over time. Restorative dentistry replaces lost teeth, helping you maintain your appearance and making it easier to practice good oral care habits.
What Are My Restorative Dentistry Treatment Options?
During an exam, your dentist can talk to you about problems with your teeth and which restorative dentistry procedures would be recommended for you. There are several different options from which to choose, including:
- Fillings: If you’ve got a cavity, restorative dentistry/fillings are common. The dentist will remove the decay in your tooth and fill the teeth with a filling material. There are several different materials used for fillings, including gold, porcelain, silver amalgam, tooth-colored plastic, and composite resin.
- Crowns: Tooth-shaped caps, crowns are placed over damaged teeth. They’re used to strengthen and protect the tooth surface and are made in a lab-based on an impression of your tooth. This option is good for people with broken teeth or cavities.
- Bridges: This dental appliance bridges the gap over the space where teeth are missing. A crown on each end anchors the bridge, and the space between is filled with an artificial tooth or teeth. A bridge prevents the other teeth from moving out of place and works just like the natural teeth.
- Dental Implants: Used to replace missing teeth, an implant is made of two parts: a metal anchor and an artificial tooth. The anchor is inserted into the jawbone, and a false tooth is attached to it. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Although they are also cosmetic, veneers are part of restorative dentistry. In this procedure, ultra-thin shells are bonded to the front surface of teeth to change the color, shape, size, or length. Dental veneers are used to correct problems like spaces between teeth, chipped, worn, or permanently stained teeth, and teeth that are poorly shaped or slightly crooked. Veneers can reduce tooth sensitivity, help with gum care, and protect an existing tooth from further damage.
How Do I Care for My Teeth After Restorative Dentistry?
No matter what kind of restorative dentistry procedure you undergo, you’ll care for your teeth just as if they were natural teeth. Brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss every day and use an antibacterial mouthwash to help fight plaque bacteria. One change to make after restorative dentistry is to avoid chewing on hard or sticky foods. These can damage implants, bridges, and crowns.
Where Can I Find Expert Restorative Dentistry Near Me?
If you are looking for restorative dentistry in Issaquah, Washington, the experienced dentists at Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah can restore your smile. We provide a wide range of options and seek to educate our patients so that they can actively participate in their own dental care. From general dentistry to cosmetic and restorative dentistry, we will work with you to help you maintain a healthy smile throughout your lifetime. Contact us to schedule an appointment with our restorative dentistry experts.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Immediately Off I-90
- In-Network Dentist for Delta Dental, Aetna, Regence & Premera
- Emergency Appointments Available
- TV & Netflix Available During Treatment
- Free Teeth Whitening for Life
- Convenient Extended & Early Hours
- Same-Day Appointments
- Treating Patients of All Ages
- Kois Center Graduate
- Easy Parking, Easy Access
- Relaxed, Comfortable Environment
- Invisalign Provider
- Soft, Cozy Blankets & Hot Face Towels
- In-Office & At-Home Teeth Whitening
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Comprehensive, Personalized Dental Treatments