Comparing Invisalign vs. Braces in Issaquah, WA
Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah Provides Orthodontics
The modern practice of orthodontics has been around since the 1800s, but the way we straighten teeth has undergone many changes. Today, there are more choices in orthodontics than ever, with options like Invisalign and Invisible Aligners taking the place of traditional, unsightly, and painful braces. At Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah, we offer Invisalign and Inman Aligner therapy options to patients in Issaquah, WA to straighten teeth quickly and conveniently. Contact us for a consultation and to learn about all our cosmetic dentistry options.
How Do I Know if I Need Orthodontics?
If you’re not happy with your smile, you may need to talk to Dr. Jorgensen about orthodontics. Dr. Jorgensen can show you Invisalign Aligner before-and-after pictures to illustrate how your problem can be fixed. Some orthodontic issues commonly corrected include:
- Overbite: The upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth, sometimes completely sometimes causing accelerated tooth wear or TMJ or Jaw Joint damage.
- Underbite: The lower front teeth extend further out than the upper front teeth affecting the mechanics of chewing.
- Overjet: The upper front teeth protrude significantly further out than the lower front teeth.
- Crossbite: A misalignment between the front or back teeth or both can have serious health effects.
- Open bite: There is space between upper and lower biting surfaces thereby putting additional workload on those that do meet.
- Spacing: This is a gap or space between teeth.
- Crowded teeth: There is a lack of space for all the teeth to fit in the existing arch shape of the jaw.
How Will Orthodontics Bring My Teeth into Alignment?
There are many different methods used to bring teeth into alignment, and they all work by applying force to the teeth to change their position in the mouth. Here at Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah, we use the Inman aligner, created by Inman Orthodontics, as well as Invisalign. These two types of orthodontics are very different than traditional braces, but they also work differently from each other:
- Inman Aligner: This is a great option if only your front teeth are crooked, crowded, or have a cross-bite. It’s less expensive than Invisalign, metal, or clear braces. When an Inman Aligner is used to realign your teeth, only one aligner is used. This is different from Invisalign, which uses multiple different aligners over the course of treatment. The Inman Aligner, though bulkier, straightens teeth very quickly, in as little as 6-18 weeks.
- Invisalign: A series of clear plastic aligners are custom-made to fit the individual patient. Digital mapping is used to create these aligners, eliminating the need for messy cast impressions. The dentist uses computer imaging to create the entire series of aligners, and these aligners move the teeth over the course of several weeks or months. You can check out our gallery of Invisalign before-and-after pictures to see some examples of Invisalign Aligner successes. Invisalign can be used to address issues that include:
- Crooked Teeth
- Gaps in Bite
- Open Bite
- Some Cases of Crowded Teeth
- Pre-prosthodontic treatment
- Pre-cosmetic treatment to preserve tooth structure
Invisalign vs. Braces: What’s the Difference?
Like braces, Invisalign moves the teeth over time by applying force. In this way, Invisalign can be considered invisible braces. However, while traditional braces use brackets and wires, Invisalign uses clear plastic aligners. These aligners are more aesthetically pleasing than metal braces. What’s more, Invisalign aligners can be removed when you eat and brush your teeth, making it much easier to keep your teeth clean and healthy.
How Long Will I Be in Treatment?
The length of time spent in treatment depends on the type of orthodontics used in your treatment. Traditional metal braces typically take between 18 and 24 months, and sometimes longer. In contrast, Invisalign treatment averages about 12 to 18 months. The Inman Aligner takes less time because it treats less severe conditions. You can usually be out of an Inman Aligner in 6-18 weeks.
Choose Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah for Orthodontics
Whether you’re looking for orthodontics or restorative dentistry in Issaquah, Washington, the experienced team at Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah can truly improve your smile. We provide a wide range of options and seek to educate our patients so that they can actively participate in their own dental care. From general dentistry to cosmetic and restorative dentistry to orthodontics, we will work with you to help you maintain a healthy smile throughout your lifetime. Contact us to schedule an appointment or to learn more about Invisalign and Inman Aligners.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Immediately Off I-90
- In-Network Dentist for Delta Dental, Aetna, Regence & Premera
- Emergency Appointments Available
- TV & Netflix Available During Treatment
- Free Teeth Whitening for Life
- Convenient Extended & Early Hours
- Same-Day Appointments
- Treating Patients of All Ages
- Kois Center Graduate
- Easy Parking, Easy Access
- Relaxed, Comfortable Environment
- Invisalign Provider
- Soft, Cozy Blankets & Hot Face Towels
- In-Office & At-Home Teeth Whitening
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Comprehensive, Personalized Dental Treatments