Family & Pediatric Dentist in Issaquah
Providing Dental Services in Issaquah to Every Age
Our staff members at Remarkable Smiles at Modern Family Dentistry of Issaquah know a visit to the dentist can be scary for children and grown-ups alike! That is why our philosophy is to make sure you have a smile on your face when you wave goodbye. We are dedicated to your comfort during any of our dental procedures and want to make sure you are completely satisfied with our services.
About our family dentistry services:
- Our team keeps the environment positive and fun
- The Reception Room is equipped with a kids’ area and entertainment for the rest of the family
- Movie glasses are available during dental procedures
“My philosophy with kids is, no matter what happens before or during their appointment, when they leave, they need to have a smile on their face. That way, when they look back on the appointment, they think, “Hey, that was actually kind of fun!’” – Dr. Jorgensen, Issaquah dentist.
The most import part that makes us the go-to family dental facility in Issaquah, is how great our professionals are with kids.
3 Things you should know about your child’s teeth:
- Even though your child’s first baby front teeth usually appear before their first birthday, their permanent front teeth are already beginning to form at about this time. At this age their future smile may benefit from a fluoride supplement or could become damaged by certain medicines. Be sure to ask for more information.
- Your child’s dental age and their chronological age may be quite different. That’s why some kids lose their baby teeth much earlier than their friends and some much later.
- Decay or loss of a baby tooth can have significant orthodontic and consequences later on. It’s the baby teeth that tell the permanent adult teeth where to go.
Dr. Jorgensen has a direct and positive approach to working with kids. Keeping the subject fun and light, he talks with his youngest patients in a way that they can relate to him. Children love coming to visit Dr. Jorgensen and his staff where they find a positive and relaxed atmosphere. From the moment they walk in the door, to the moment they leave, they’ll have plenty of entertainment to keep their minds occupied.
At our family dental facility, children’s dentistry includes a waiting room fully equipped with a kid’s area. There is a DVD player to keep them entertained while the rest of the family gets their check-ups done. And during their check-up kids can sit back, relax, and enjoy a movie! With the movie glasses, kids often don’t even realize they’ve had any kind of procedure done. This amazing relaxing tool leaves them feeling like they have had a good time.
What to expect for children 1 or 2 years old:
- A brief exam from the comfort of their mothers’ laps
- A quick search and count of teeth eruptions, checking to make sure everything is on schedule
- An evaluation of the health of gums and teeth
- A review of home-care with you and your child
What to expect for bigger kids:
- A regular hygiene check-up
- Teeth cleaning and polishing
- Reviewing of home- care (brushing and flossing)
- Review of how their diet can affect the health of their teeth
Our family dental facility knows the importance of keeping young smiles healthy. That’s why we offer quality children’s dentistry to the Issaquah area, keeping children’s appointments light, fun, and informative. Kids won’t want to miss out on the opportunity to be a part of our No-Cavity Club and fish through the toy box at the end of every appointment! Let our experienced team maintain your family’s oral health by making appointments at (425) 391-0484.