Why Choose Invisalign to Straighten Teeth
Issaquah Invisalign Clear Aligners Provider
Why Do Patients Opt for Invisalign Over Conventional Braces?
For many patients, Invisalign opens up new opportunities for better health and greater confidence, because this treatment system eliminates many of the common woes associated with conventional braces. While a patient might shy away from orthodontic care with metal braces, he or she may welcome treatment with Invisalign because of the many benefits it has to offer. If you want to explore these benefits for yourself, call Remarkable Smiles of Issaquah at (425) 391-0484 for your initial consultation.
Read on below for a closer look at what you will have to love about Invisalign.
- Invisalign offers more comfort and convenience with removable plastic aligners that can be taken out to eat, drink, brush your teeth, and floss.
- Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible when they are being worn, so you can carry out your daily routine with confidence. Plus, you will see constant improvements in your smile as you transition to each new set of aligners. You don’t have to wait until your treatment is over to see results like you would with traditional metal braces.
- Invisalign technology has improved over the years to treat a wider range of cases, including those involving malocclusions like overbite and underbite.
- Fewer follow-up visits are needed with Invisalign than with conventional braces. You should still see the dentist for regular cleanings and check-ups, but you are not likely to experience complications or require adjustments with your treatment like you would need with metal braces.
Invisalign Clear Aligners Compared to Traditional Braces
When you straighten your teeth with regular braces or even other types of invisible braces that utilize brackets, you may experience some or all of the following:
- mouth sores
- injuries caused by the brace wires
- tooth decay (from adequate brushing and flossing)
- plaque buildup
- tooth discoloration
- tooth / bracket breakage
- difficulty eating
And if that wasn’t enough, there are also personal sacrifices – popcorn, chips, candy, bagels, hard-crusted bread, pizza crust, pretzels, nuts, apples, corn on the cob and more.
Health Benefits of Straightening Teeth with Invisalign
You may surprised to know that the benefits of having properly aligned teeth extend far beyond a confident smile!
The American Dental Association states that straightening your teeth can actually affect your overall dental health. Part of having a healthy smile is having a straight smile. Thanks to Invisalign clear aligners, you can have confidence in your smile and reduce your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
HEALTHIER TEETH & GUMS
Swollen, red gums typically are the result of having teeth that are crowded or too widely spaced as well as being signs of periodontal disease. When teeth are properly aligned the gums fit more securely around the teeth which allows for the strongest and healthiest defense against potential periodontal problems.
This is where Invisalign comes in. The comfortable, clear aligners gently and gradually move your teeth into proper position – without using any brackets or wires.
EASIER TEETH CLEANING
A huge advantage of wearing Invisalign clear aligners over traditional braces is not getting food stuck in your brackets and wires. With traditional braces removing all the food that gets trapped is a huge challenge. This can often lead to plaque buildup and eventually tooth decay. With Invisalign, you can remove the aligners so it’s easy to continue brushing and flossing your teeth the way you would prior to Invisalign.
Your teeth and gums – and how they look when you smile – say a lot about your overall health. Consider them a window to the health of your body.
Bacteria causes tooth decay and gum disease and can cause mouth sores, tender or bleeding gums, bad breath, and possible tooth loss. Did you know that oral infections can lead to other more serious ailments such as heart disease, stroke, pneumonia, and diabetes (according to studies by the American Dental Association).
Invisalign clear aligners can make daily oral hygiene easier when straightening your teeth. This results in a risk of possible problems. Plus, correctly aligned teeth can also alleviate issues caused by an improper bite, speech, or chewing difficulties, jaw problems, and increased wear on the tooth enamel. Invisalign addresses all of these orthodontic issues which gives you the confidence of a great smile and the increase in the liklelihood of improved oral health.